Vancouver is brimming with innovative coworking spaces for freelancers, entrepreneurs, and remote workers looking for collaborative environments. These venues are more than simply workstations; they foster camaraderie and creativity.
Here, you can find the best coworking spaces in Vancouver. This article will get you through the best 17 coworking spaces in Vancouver, along with the services they provide, their location, and membership fees, among other things.
Top 17 Coworking Spaces in Vancouver
The following is a quick summary of these coworking spaces in terms of location, amenities, membership fees, etc.:
- The Network Hub
- HiVE Vancouver Coworking
- L’Atelier Coworking
- Werklab Inc.
- Suite Genius
- iQ Offices
- Pavilion Co-work
- Makeshift Work Space
- Cube Creative Co-work
- CoWorks By Elevate – Langley
- CoWorks By Elevate – Port Coquitlam
- Office Suites
- The Profile
- The Amp Coworking
- Vancouver Virtual Offices
1. The Network Hub
The Network Hub, with various sites around Vancouver, offers modern and professional coworking spaces. It caters to a wide range of professions by providing flexible memberships, meeting spaces, and networking opportunities. The location is well-known for its welcoming community and professional atmosphere.
- They have locations around Vancouver, including the most famous in downtown Vancouver and New Westminster.
- High-speed internet, conference rooms, event spaces, printing facilities, and common areas are typical amenities.
- The cost of membership varies based on the type of membership and location. They might range from $200 to $500 or more every month.
2. HiVE Vancouver Coworking
HiVE Vancouver is a nonprofit coworking space in the lively Mount Pleasant neighborhood that focuses on sustainability and community impact. It provides flexible memberships, meeting rooms, and a supportive community focused on good change for social entrepreneurs, organizations, and creatives.
- The location is 128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1G8. Social entrepreneurs, environmental experts, non-profits, and creative freelancers call it home.
- This coworking space has a great rating of 9.6/10 and provides a dynamic atmosphere for workers seeking collaboration and community.
- This location attracts a varied range of professions and thrives on promoting cooperation.
- This area, which caters to a variety of purposes, has a range of membership choices, supporting both temporary and long-term desk requirements. This adaptability guarantees that any professional will be accommodated.
- There are several amenities available. Members receive complimentary access to tea and coffee, which enhances their work experience in addition to creating a pleasant environment. The location provides easy access to a variety of amenities.
- The facility prioritizes members’ convenience and safety by offering secure inside bicycle storage—a considerate amenity for those who commute on two wheels.
3. L’Atelier Coworking
It is a one-of-a-kind Gastown coworking space for forward-thinking entrepreneurs, creative freelancers, hip techies, remote workers, and tourists.
- It is located in the Mount Pleasant neighborhood, 319 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1H6.
- Open workplaces, private offices, conference rooms, high-speed internet, and community activities are examples of amenities available here.
- Depending on the type of membership and facilities provided, membership prices can range from $250 to $600+ each month.
4. Werklab Inc.
Werklab Inc. is a Vancouver-based holistic wellbeing-focused coworking company. They think that developing and delivering our best work requires a sense of community, connection, and general well-being.
Werklab was established in 2016 to rewrite the narrative of workplace culture. They create a safe and friendly atmosphere for individuals to work, interact, and develop. Werklab’s membership choices include coworking spaces, private offices, and event rentals. They also organize many events and seminars on themes relating to productivity and well-being.
Werklab has been published in well-known media such as The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, Well + Good, and Dwell Magazine. Organizations such as B-Lab and the World Green Building Council have also honored them for their unique approach to work.
Here are some of the important features that distinguish Werklab:
- Werklab is dedicated to establishing a setting that promotes the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of its members. They provide a range of facilities and programs to assist members in being fit and happy.
- Werklab members have a strong sense of community. They provide a range of activities and initiatives to help members interact and create relationships.
- Werklab is dedicated to operating sustainably. Throughout their activities, they employ environmentally friendly materials and procedures.
- Werklab is constantly exploring innovative methods to improve the coworking experience. They are continually developing and enhancing their environment with new features and services.
Werklab is an excellent choice for a coworking space that prioritizes well-being, community, and sustainability.
5. Suite Genius
It is a coworking shared office space for entrepreneurs and freelancers seeking better productivity, collaboration, and networking opportunities.
- Locations include Mount Pleasant and Rail Town.
- Dedicated workstations, private offices, conference spaces, high-speed internet, cooking facilities, and events are typical amenities.
- Depending on the membership category, prices might range from $300 to $700+ each month.
WeWork Bentall III, situated at 595 Burrard St., Vancouver, BC, V7X 1L4, is a coworking space that takes up five levels of a skyscraper and is genuinely a lifestyle destination.
Here are some of the significant characteristics and amenities available at WeWork:
- Reserve a coworking space or a private office for the day, which starts at $25 per day.
- For parties of all sizes, book conference rooms by the hour. Prices begin at $15 per seat/hour.
- Gain access to hundreds of coworking locations in your neighborhood and throughout the world for only $333 each month for 6 months.
- A dedicated desk in a shared office. The terms of commitment are flexible.
- To examine inventories, choose your move-in date and capacity.
- They also offer private facilities and personal branding possibilities.
- Cleaning services, bike storage, a wellness area, a dog-friendly environment, event space, onsite personnel, phone booths, and business-class printers are also available.
- An underground tunnel connects the Burrard Street SkyTrain Station, and roughly 1,200 buses stop in front of the Bentall Center each day, which greatly simplifies commuting.
- They provide services such as high-speed internet, conference rooms, and common areas. Many professionals find it appealing because of the dynamic community and regular networking events.
- Hot desks, private offices, conference rooms, high-speed internet, social areas, and networking events are common amenities.
- Depending on the membership category, membership fees might range from $300 to $800 or more each month.
7. iQ Offices
iQ Offices, situated at 1055 West Georgia St., Vancouver, BC, V6E 3P3, is a premium shared office and coworking facility.
- It provides conference rooms, virtual office services, event space, and other services. The office space is located on the building’s 21st and 24th floors, with 360-degree views of the Vancouver skyline.
- For a modern and minimalist design, the area has exposed concrete flooring, floor-to-ceiling glass, and privacy screening. A complementary exercise center, wellness rooms, and a variety of office possibilities are among the amenities.
- You may reach them at (800) 933-3176 for additional information Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Private offices, coworking spaces, conference rooms, phone booths, high-speed Wi-Fi, and administrative assistance are examples of amenities.
- Depending on the plan chosen, membership fees might range from $300 to $800 or more each month.
8. Pavilion Cowork
Pavilion Cowork is a members-only workspace in Vancouver, Canada. It offers an elevated workspace for global thought leaders and subject matter specialists.
- The office is contemporary in style and offers deliberately crafted amenities as well as individual attention from their community team.
- There are several membership options available, including private offices, dedicated desks, hot desks, and virtual offices.
- Their objective is to create a work environment that is both efficient and inspiring. Pavilion Co-work’s details are precisely created and matched to its members.
- Pavilion Cowork is typically located in the Mount Pleasant neighborhood.
- Shared workspaces, conference rooms, high-speed internet, social areas, and networking events are examples of amenities available there.
- Depending on the membership plan, prices might range from $250 to $600+ each month.
9. Makeshift Work Space
- Makeshift Work Space is located at 308 – 877 E Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 3Y1.
- Shared workspaces, private offices, conference rooms, high-speed internet, printing facilities, public areas, and maybe extra services such as networking events or workshops are common.
- Due to considerations such as the kind of membership (hot desks, dedicated desks, and private offices), facilities offered, and placement within the space, membership rates can vary greatly. They may provide subscriptions on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis.
10. Cube Creative Cowork
- Cube Creative Cowork is located at 363 W 6th Ave., Vancouver, BC V5Y 1L1, Canada
- Similar to other coworking spaces, amenities include communal work areas, private offices, conference rooms, internet connections, and specialized facilities for creative work.
- The membership fees are mostly determined by tier and access level. Rates for hot desks, dedicated workstations, and private offices may vary.
11. CoWorks By Elevate – Langley
- CoWorks By Elevate – Langley is located at 20627 Fraser Hwy, Langley, BC V3A 4G4, Canada
- Standard coworking services such as public workstations, private offices, meeting rooms, and internet access, maybe with location-specific features, could be included.
- Membership fees will most likely vary depending on the kind of membership (hot desk, dedicated desk, private office), the term (daily, monthly, or annually), and the facilities provided.
12. CoWorks By Elevate – Port Coquitlam
- CoWorks By Elevate – Port Coquitlam, is located in Shaughnessy Square at 2099 Lougheed Hwy., A113, Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 1A8, Canada.
- They offer basic coworking services, including community workstations, private offices, meeting rooms, and internet access, potentially with location-specific features.
- Membership fees will most likely vary depending on membership type (hot desks, dedicated desks, private offices), term (daily, monthly, or annually), and facilities offered. Prices may fluctuate depending on the location of the coworking space as well.
13. Office Suites
- Offices Suites is located at 601 West Broadway #400, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Amenities include serviced office spaces, conference rooms, administrative assistance, high-speed internet access, and maybe other services.
- Membership fees are often based on the size of the office suite, the length of the rental, and the additional services required.
Spacekraft by CMPNY is a bustling coworking space in Coquitlam that focuses on promoting creativity and collaboration. It caters to a wide spectrum of professionals in the Greater Vancouver region with its contemporary design and numerous membership choices, including dedicated workstations and conference areas.
- Spacekraft offers sites around Vancouver, including Mount Pleasant, Railtown, and Gastown.
- Open workplaces, private offices, conference rooms, high-speed internet, printing facilities, common dining areas, ergonomic furniture, networking events, and access to a professional community are typical amenities.
- Membership prices vary depending on the membership package selected, such as hot desks, dedicated workstations, or private office spaces. Prices can range from $250 to $700+ per month, depending on location, facilities, and membership level.
15. The Profile
The Profile, located in the center of Gastown, provides a vibrant coworking environment.
- It caters to a wide range of working preferences by offering a variety of membership choices, including hot desks and private offices.
- The facility hosts networking events, workshops, and social gatherings to help its members interact.
- The Profile has locations around Vancouver, including downtown Vancouver and Granville Street.
- High-speed Wi-Fi, conference rooms, social areas, and cooking amenities are common in facilities.
- Membership prices normally range from $200 to $500+ each month, depending on the plan selected.
16. The Amp Coworking
The Amp Coworking, located in East Vancouver, offers a casual and welcoming environment.
- It provides a variety of membership choices, such as dedicated workstations and private offices. It’s a welcoming area for productivity and networking, with plenty of natural light and a variety of conveniences.
- Open workplaces, conference rooms, high-speed internet, and events are examples of amenities.
- Membership costs can range from $250 to $600 or more each month.
17. Vancouver Virtual Offices
- The address is 300-3665 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC, V5R 5W2. It provides a global virtual business setup.
- Amenities might include virtual office services, mail processing, phone answering, and access to the actual workplace on occasion.
- Depending on the services provided, membership fees might range from $50 to $200 or more each month.
Read More: Short To Multi-Day Epic Ontario Hikes
How Do You Choose a Suitable Co-Working Space That Meets Your Requirements?
When browsing the large selection of coworking spaces available, determining the best match for your company may be difficult. However, with careful consideration, you may choose a shared workplace that meets your specific needs while also offering an environment conducive to company success.
- The location is the initial point for choosing an appropriate coworking space. Accessibility is critical for both you and your clients. Choosing a location in the central business area is recommended since it not only provides easy access to other companies and transit but also assures closeness to necessary facilities.
- Amenities have a big impact on the coworking experience. Meeting rooms, high-speed internet, printing services, and culinary facilities are among the amenities provided. Prioritize facilities that directly benefit your company’s operations and growth while you’re on a tight budget.
- Coworking space prices vary depending on location and features. As a result, sticking to your budget is critical. Consider starting with a basic package and subsequently expanding it with extra facilities.
- Coworking spaces provide inherent benefits, such as community and networking. Examine the current community culture; certain venues stress cooperation and social involvement, while others emphasize solo productivity. Choose a location that holds regular networking events to enhance your professional network.
- When selecting a coworking space, adaptability is crucial. Choose a location that can accommodate your changing company demands. If adaptability to long-term commitments is important, look for locations with changeable layouts.
- Security precautions are essential concerns. Examine whether the facility offers 24-hour security, CCTV surveillance, and secure entry to safeguard the safety of your company and its equipment.
Benefits of Co-Working Spaces
Coworking spaces provide a variety of benefits to professionals, freelancers, startups, and even existing enterprises.
Here is a comprehensive overview of these benefits:
- When opposed to leasing or owning an independent office space, sharing operating expenditures such as rent, utilities, and office equipment saves costs.
- Individuals and corporations may pick flexible membership levels that meet their needs, whether it’s a hot desk for occasional usage or a dedicated office for long-term commitments.
- Coworking spaces build varied communities by encouraging networking and cooperation among people from various sectors and backgrounds, which can lead to possible partnerships, collaborations, or business opportunities.
- Productivity is typically increased in a dynamic atmosphere away from home distractions. The organized environment might create a more suitable environment for concentrated work.
- Access to a network of like-minded people may provide emotional support, guidance, mentoring, and prospective partnerships, fostering a sense of belonging and drive.
- Coworking spaces frequently feature contemporary amenities such as high-speed internet, conference rooms, printers, cooking facilities, and ergonomic furniture, sparing members the effort of setting up these resources themselves.
- Coworking spaces provide a professional atmosphere for freelancers and small enterprises to meet customers and conduct business, presenting a polished image without the cost of a traditional office.
- Keeping work and home life separate helps to maintain a healthy balance, minimizing burnout and enhancing general well-being.
- Having access to several coworking spaces within a network allows you to work from diverse places, which is ideal for people who travel frequently or require a variety of work situations.
- Many coworking spaces hold workshops, seminars, and skill-building activities, providing members with possibilities for continual learning.
- By networking with experts from other sectors, businesses might potentially locate new hires or partners.
- Because coworking spaces are extremely scalable, businesses may simply alter their space requirements as their staff expands or contracts without having to relocate.
- Exposure to people from many cultures and origins provides a rich and inclusive work environment, fostering fresh ideas and innovation.
- Shared spaces frequently promote sustainability by making better use of resources, encouraging recycling, and implementing eco-friendly activities.
These advantages make coworking spaces appealing to many workers and enterprises looking for a flexible, collaborative, and cost-effective work environment.
The coworking scene in Vancouver is a dynamic tapestry of various locations that reimagine the notion of work settings. Moving away from traditional offices, these coworking spaces value creativity and community, providing a variety of alternatives for workers looking for more than simply a desk.
In these dynamic surroundings, freelancers discover a supportive community, entrepreneurs discover fertile ground for growth, and remote workers discover a sense of belonging. The amenities and services supplied go beyond necessities; they are designed to improve work experiences by providing resources that enable people to thrive.
Furthermore, these places serve as drivers for significant interactions. They encourage collaborations, partnerships, and friendships by providing networking opportunities, events, and workshops. These venues, whether for brainstorming sessions, networking events, or similar interests outside of work, provide a platform for forging friendships that go beyond professional interactions.
The coworking sector in Vancouver embodies the city’s essence: varied, inventive, and community-driven. It’s more than simply looking for a job; it’s about discovering a community that fosters passion, creativity, and growth in a city noted for its vitality and entrepreneurial spirit.
Is It a Good Idea to Work in Coworking Spaces?
Overall, working in a shared office space might be an excellent solution if you need a low-cost, flexible office space and the benefits exceed the drawbacks. Before making a selection, it is critical to examine your demands and preferences, as well as explore different coworking space possibilities.
Are Coworking Spaces Paid For?
Most coworking spaces charge a daily payment for workers who come in once in a while or a monthly membership fee for workers who come in numerous days per week. The average monthly cost of a coworking space is heavily influenced by its location.
Why Are Coworking Spaces So Expensive?
Aside from location, the amenities and services offered by the coworking space may have a considerable influence on the cost. A location with high-end facilities such as a fitness facility, dog-friendly amenities, or an on-site cafe, for example, will cost a higher monthly price than a modest, more basic office space.
What Is the Difference Between a Coworking Space and an Office Space?
For small firms and entrepreneurs, coworking spaces provide a cost-effective and flexible alternative, while office spaces provide a tailored and private area for larger enterprises.
What Is the Business Model of a Coworking Space?
Coworking spaces provide a social and working atmosphere for independent people, teams, or company innovation teams to work separately or cooperatively in a shared setting.
What Kind of Business Is Coworking Space?
Coworking spaces are a sort of serviced office whose members are often made up of independent or unrelated individuals or enterprises. Although corporate clients might rent these offices for one firm, coworking spaces often offer a shared working environment.